Sunday, July 31, 2011

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Quote by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
How come no one says anything quotable anymore? I mean, honestly, 90% of quotes I hear are from centuries back. And 67% of statistics are made up on the spot.


I got an incense burner today :) And some incense, of course. It smells gooooddd. I'll be honest, many of the scents I smelled were pretty bad. But I got strawberry, honey almond, rose, cinnamon, and love... I think.

I'm going to attempt to make hummus tomorrow. I know I could buy it, but I think it would be more fun to make it, plus it would make me feel more accomplished ;P I'm also skeptical of the nutritional value of anything packaged. If it turns out, I'll post the recipe.

Speaking of nutritional... I just watched this documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was actually pretty interesting. Makes ya think how easy and quick it can be to "reboot your system" and lose a ton of weight (if applicable) or just get much healthier. Obviously it probably wouldn't be smart for someone of my size to fast and have nothing but fresh fruit and vegetable juice, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to add that in!

Still cranking out the paracord bracelets, hit me up if you're interested. I've also made kitty collars, and let me tell ya, they're pretty darn cute ;)

And Annie made a great model.... Tinkerbell is prettier, but I couldn't find her and didn't suppose she'd stand still for a picture at all, haha.

I kinda love my job. Really, caring for and helping animals all day... not too bad. It's sad at times, and frustrating at times, and tiring at times... but also a lot of fun. :)

I have been cracking my knuckles and popping my back and neck for really as long as I can remember. With some strong discouragement from Josh and after looking into some of the effects of doing it, I'm making an effort to stop. It's hard because it's such a HABIT, and also because it does hurt when I don't pop it. But I've already noticed that I feel like I need to pop them less and that they hurt less. My back is sore a lot, and I've found that some yoga moves can realign my spine and make me feel much better. I don't do it often, but I'd like to get back into it.

I think that's enough randomness for now.
Love and peace,
Emma

No comments: