Monday, August 1, 2011

Homemade hummus!

I just made my hummus and it is delish! And super easy! After getting the ingredients, it only takes ten minutes or less. There are tons of recipes out there, but here is the one I used.

I actually couldn't find any roasted garlic or garlic cloves so I just used minced garlic, and I think it turned out great. The downside is that from what I've read you can only keep it in the fridge for about 2-3 days.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (15 oz.)
  • 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano

Preparation:

In a food processor, process beans, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano until desired consistency. If hummus is too thick, simply add olive oil in small increments (1/2 teaspoon) until desired consistency.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Hummus and it's so easy to make, and so easy to tweak the recipe for a huge variety of flavors. Once I figured out that it was basically just puréed chick peas, I was able to purée various other types of edible legumes and add various spices for dips or for use in other recipes.

Emma said...

I never thought of using other legumes. Thanks!