Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions I intend to keep

I'm not HUGE on New Years resolutions, because they usually end up forgotten after a month or two.
However, I do like to use the milestone of a new year to prompt myself to reflect upon the past year and make a list, whether mentally or physically, of things I intend to do or work on for the next year.

2011 was a good year. It brought me two successful semesters of college along with a summer class; a new job at Eastside Animal Health Center that I enjoy; good times with family, friends, and Josh; an awesome trip to Sea World; a cat miracle; a new church at Mount Olive; and much, much more.

2012 seems promising. My goals?
Spiritual - read the Bible every day (iPhones are so handy for that!), learn to put God FIRST in my life, above everything and everyone else (I've learned that things don't go so well when I lose focus).
Academic - complete two more semesters of college with sweet grades and excel at my position as VP of Sigma Tau Delta (English Honors Society), submit lots of writing and (ultimately) be published. Speaking of which, please check out THIS WEBSITE that I created and click that little "Like" button in the left corner!
Fitness - get back to running and working out, doing yoga, and eating healthy. Thinking about trying vegetarian again for a while.
Organization - get rid of everything unnecessary!

A side note: now that I finally got some time to get back to making paracord bracelets, I've sold several, and even came up with a new design featuring a compass attached in the middle. Please check out all of my listings here: http://myworld.ebay.com/emmkat92





Ah, and one more thing. So Josh and I and his oldest childhood friend Mark took a little trip down to a tiny little town tonight, parked the car on the side of the road, and walked the tracks until we found what we were looking for, which was this...


A pretty awesome old train tunnel, built in 1886. Definitely going back when it's lighter.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

1. I thought you guys didn't eat most veggies?
2. That is the one Shawna is in, right?
3. Most definitely a place to visit in the day time.

~Rebekah