Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hiking the OHT

First off, I'm writing this post from my phone's blogger app, so if it's a little short, that's why.
Yesterday Josh and I spent about 5 hours hiking about 14 miles of the Ozark Highlands Trail yesterday. It started out a little chilly but ended up feeling great. Other than a little soreness and stiffness - and the unfortunate face plant I did when I tripped over a large log - it was a lot of fun. The leaves are all changing and the scenery was beautiful. We found some neat big rocks that Josh climbed on, some old rock chimneys, and some sort of a spring well or something. I also found an old alcohol bottle full of mud, but Josh didn't think it had a message in it. :/ lol
I've only got about five weeks left of the semester. I registered for spring last week. Intermediate Spanish 1, Fiction Workshop, Textual Research Methods, History and Development of the English Language, Newspaper Staff, Applause (our literary magazine) Staff, and hopefully Free Verse are what's on the menu.
My latest writings have been a character journal from the perspective of Ichabod Crane about what really happened to him, a creative nonfiction essay about working at the vet, an essay on Americans' focus on material possessions, and an essay about a basement at one of my old houses.
I think that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!