Friday, October 28, 2011

My Life in Words

Maybe the title of this post would be a better title for this blog. Hmm, what do you think?

My latest happenings: Everything has been crazy lately. School is in full swing, in fact we're in week 10 of 16 for the semester. I'm really enjoying my classes, all 17 hours of them, and I'm excited about these upper level writing classes and getting involved in the department. I'm taking Nonfiction Writing, Editing, Poetry, Publications Staff, Literature, and Spanish. The latter two are online and not my absolute favorite, but they're not bad. Nonfiction is probably the best. Learning about and writing creative nonfiction is fascinating and exciting to me; I love drawing from my own experiences and creating stories from them. You can read my first story HERE. And while you're there, you can take a look around at some of my other essays and poems. Editing has given me a lot of writing and editing practice. Poetry is tedious but good. Publications Staff is great. Check out my article in the latest newspaper edition HERE. Actually, check out the whole thing! We have a new editor and have re-vamped and improved the newspaper this semester and have gotten a great response from it. My adviser found out that I am able to declare Spanish as a second minor, so I'm pretty happy about that. I've been accepted into Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honors Society, and am looking forward to being involved in it.

LOVE this mug. Maybe I'm a nerd... but it's definitely on my wish list.

My latest obsession: hot white chocolate mocha from Starbucks.

My latest tragedy: We won't go into everything except to say it's been an interesting two and a half weeks full of tears, friends, doctors visits, medicine, and vet visits. The only thing I'll go into here is the vet visits. Some of you know my cat, Tinkerbell LaTasha Bojangles... or Tink for short. Anyhow, last Friday while I was at Wally World filling some prescriptions after my own visit to the Dr., my mom called me and told me Tink had been hurt badly and I needed to get to the clinic, where, fortunately, she and I both work. Panicking, I sped down there and found her on the x-ray table meowing loudly. Immediately in tears, I asked what happened and mom explained that she had been pinned under my garage door since I'd left that morning - for about 2 1/2 hours. Long story short, nothing was broken or crushed, and though her back half was paralyzed at the time, she is now recovering miraculously and is able to walk a little, although she looks pretty funny. Time will tell, but I'm very thankful.

No comments: