Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Detox Day 2

Breakfast -
Peachy Green Smoothie
Blend 1 cup of torn spinach, 1 cup of frozen peaches, 3/4 cup of vanilla almond milk, 2 teaspoons of honey, and a few ice cubes. Makes one delicious serving.

I have an entire recipe book full of smoothie recipes, and I'm finding it interestingly difficult to find ones that dont call for yogurt. Milk I can replace with almond or coconut milk, but nearly all of them require yogurt or frozen yogurt.

Snacks -
Freeze dried mango slices, apple slices dipped in almond butter

Dinner -
Quinoa, fried tempeh, and veggies

I felt much better, never getting a headache or super drowsy. I went to the gym, and though my shin splints prevented me from running very far I did run a bit, walk a bit, do a little time on the elliptical, and a 20 minute core workout.
I was craving pizza, chocolate, and just about anything else unhealthy by 8 pm, though. It's so tempting to give in! But I will not put my taste buds before my body ;)

No comments: