Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Put Your Arms Around Me And I'm Home

I have once again slacked off from posting and it has been too long since I have done so. But, here I am.
Several things have happened since I last posted. One big (and awesome!) thing is that I got a job working at a vet clinic and quit working at the pizza place. It pays better, is a much better environment, and I like it much, much better. Praising the Lord for that. :)
I took a summer class, Earth Science, which kind of sucked but I was glad to get it done and over with. I'm even more glad, though, that it's over and I don't have to go for hours every evening after work anymore.
Josh and I have been doing a lot of hiking and stuff lately. The weekend before last we went to Mount Magazine and hiked to the highest point in AR, as well as several other paths... about 8 miles in all. Saturday we kayaked for about three hours at Montgomery Lake and found some neat islands and other places along the shoreline that we stopped at and hiked around in. We're planning to go back to Mount Magazine in the next couple weeks to hike the big, 9 mile trail, which may end up being 18 miles if we have to hike back to get to our truck. I even bought a pink fishing pole, on the terms that he would show me how to fish and, if I caught anything, take it off the hook for me. ;)

Here are a few pictures from our recent adventures.





No comments: